Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

What would you like to see in the Squad Ops Hardcore Mod?
(04-12-2017, 05:36 PM)CMYKMatter Wrote: Something not related to actual gameplay, but I would like to see locked settings for this as well. Force shadows on and a certain gamma perhaps? As it is, those who turn off shadows and turn down foliage will always have an advantage.  Perhaps squad will work this into the actual game before launch.

I realize this would be a problem for lower end computers, but it would cause an even playing field.

I know one this regarding this that a lot of people want is for gamma to not be an option to change, too many people just turning gamma up in night operations and having full visibility over other people.
[Image: yJvlgxh.gif]
It would be nice to be able to repack magazines. If you've got four mags of 15 rounds each, you'd be able to hunker down and make two mags of 30. 

+1 to revival restrictions. You shouldn't be able to eat a rocket and get back up. 

I'm not sure if this is an easily solvable issue, but you shouldn't be able to crawl around looking down sights. Also, players dropshotting each other and walking around with their left or right lean toggled happens a little too often.
savage memes can't melt your magical dreams
[+] 1 user Likes FunguyV's post
I read many good ideas here. Not all makes sense in order to have realistic heavy tactical gameplay (for example that every soldier can mark enemy positions) but the most ideas sounds good.
I have one thing, that bothers me: You can walk easily and almost without damage throug barbed wire. Maybe you can fix it, so you can't go throug the wire OR you will suffer much more damage. So it will be a real obstacle.

Greetings.
Not sure if this has already been adressed in the past 5 pages but Id like to see radio quality realistically deteriorate with range. ie. if Im an SL talking to command all the way across Yeho or Goro, it would get fuzzy and difficult to understand what Im saying, or at least just not crystal clear, as in real life.
[+] 1 user Likes Japhy's post
Theres a game breaking bug that ruins immersion for me. The techie is obviously a stick shift yet there is no shift animation, it would probably be easier to just take the shifter out so we can assume its an automatic. Im sure im not alone Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
More realistic audible effects. When around a lot of small arms your ears should start ringing a little and everything should sound dampened for a brief period. When you or someone near you fires the LAW or RPG you should experience temporary hearing loss. When a RPG, LAW, or hand grenade explodes near the player they should suffer even worse temporary hearing loss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAGUWxoY-Q
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
(04-19-2017, 03:52 PM)Exodus19 Wrote: More realistic audible effects. When around a lot of small arms your ears should start ringing a little and everything should sound dampened for a brief period. When you or someone near you fires the LAW or RPG you should experience temporary hearing loss. When a RPG, LAW, or hand grenade explodes near the player they should suffer even worse temporary hearing loss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAGUWxoY-Q

Hm, but normally soldiers use ear protection.
As a disclaimer I only read through half the thread, so I apologize if I am repeating and suggestions. 

My list will be comprised and formatted by level of importance to me personally, highest on the list, moving down to lowest on the list. 

1. Squads broken down into fire teams, either 1 squad leader, with 3 fire team leaders, like in the Marine Corps, or 1 squad leader and 2 fire team leaders like in the Army.  
     a. Fire Teams comprised of accurate weapon 
          systems. 

2. Weapons Sections. 
   2a. Machine guns. 240s, with bipods or even a tripod 
          that is setupable. 
   2b. Anti-tank sections, equipped with AT-4 or SMAW 
          with HEAT rockets, and NADAR thermobaric 
          rockets. 
   2c. Mortars. Set up able. And direct fire, I forget what 
         it's called. WP rounds, illumination rounds, smoke 
         rounds. 

3. Vehicles. 105 striker, 25 mil, mk19. 
     3a. TOW humvee, mk19
     3b. Transport/logi trucks, .50 cal turret, 240, or mk19.
     3c.  Vehicle smoke launchers.
     3d.  Abrams or m60 or even the Sheridan. 

4. Rifleman equipped with m16s and acogs instead of m4s. 
     4a. M4s equipped on squad leaders and weapons 
            crews. 

5.  Squad leaders equipped with pop up flares, team 
     leaders as well. 

6. Fob deployable claymores.
    6a. Diggable fighting holes. 
    6b.  Tripwire pop up flares. 

7. Working sights, primarily for the 203, and rocket 
     launchers. (This should be much higher on list.)

8. Trees being knock over able or destroyed. 
    8a. Camouflage netting/foliage deployable on vehicles 
           and fighting positions.

9. Variable positions. High crawl, low crawl, high knee, low knee, sitting, leaning while prone. 

And last...

Fix the damn reload animation on the .50. 

That's all I can really think of for now. I will prolly revisit.
We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with absolutely nothing. ~Every Grunt 1775-Present