Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

What would you like to see in the Squad Ops Hardcore Mod?
I would suggest all visual aids be removed ie: hud, name tags, ammo count ect... basically all visual on screen aids need to go. In respect to this, im not sure how elaborate this graphic engine is, would be nice to see hand held components implemented like a compass. Also, unless some sort of GPS device can be implemented along side the map, it's unlikely we would see any icons at all, unless points of reference and stationary, placed icons. Squad Leads/Command would need to know where their men are at all times, relying on communication and line of site not visual, moving map aids. An added note, I do agree local chat within game needs to be heard by anyone (if close enough) enemy or team mate. These suggestions, I believe, will certainly promote "true" virtual realism.
[Image: 579257558e513_SquadCanada.thumb.png.b6db...5efa3c.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Decipher's post
I would like a mission that gathers all the canadians through interrogation and torture and whichever team gets to successfully transport the canadians to concentration camps first wins the game. South Park warned us all.
- Placing downed friendlies in vehicles for Medevacs. An alternative currently available with game mechanics would be telling people that go down to not give up. Medics would have the ability to revive them, but the revived persons do not count as being able to fight anymore and are just supposed to follow medics and their orders. This would simulate them being "stabilized" and the medics putting them in vehicles for return to base.

- The ability to set time of day and weather as an admin, instead of it being random.

- Restricting resupplies at ammo crates on a per-use basis , either by making them cost ammo points and have them not regenerate automatically or a fixed number of resupplies that gets reset, when you unload a logistics truck

- Requiring resupply runs to drive much closer to the radio to unload (5 meters?), so FOBs need to have an entrance for continued resupplies.

- No automatic ticking up of build and ammo points.

- Heavy weapons ammo crate, where you would be required to bring fresh box mags to the static weapons, creating internal logistics in a FOB. They could be dangerous to the defenders, if damaged and should be placed in secure locations.

- Rally points are time limited only or disabled completely. I prefer time limit for that tick of usability on public play. Could be forbidden in one life ops. Maybe a server setting for them.

- Repair stations require the vehicles to not be damaged for 20-30 seconds for them to start repairs. Fire would be extinguished by repair stations. Repairs take more points to perform and maybe even player interaction.

- Removing any automatic map markers and allowing people to place numbered circles (for squad leaders) in green and red with dynamic arrows that could be dragged from them to designate their desired direction and distance of movement of friendlies or suspected movement of enemies. Or limiting it to showing Squad leaders only.

- Removing spotting via the T menu and requiring manual placement on the map.

- Adding all enemy markers again in green to designate areas of desired unit, special weapon and vehicle placement.
(04-07-2017, 08:05 AM)UsF Wrote: - Placing downed friendlies in vehicles for Medevacs. An alternative currently available with game mechanics would be telling people that go down to not give up. Medics would have the ability to revive them, but the revived persons do not count as being able to fight anymore and are just supposed to follow medics and their orders. This would simulate them being "stabilized" and the medics putting them in vehicles for return to base.

- The ability to set time of day and weather as an admin, instead of it being random.

- Restricting resupplies at ammo crates on a per-use basis , either by making them cost ammo points and have them not regenerate automatically or a fixed number of resupplies that gets reset, when you unload a logistics truck

- Requiring resupply runs to drive much closer to the radio to unload (5 meters?), so FOBs need to have an entrance for continued resupplies.

- Heavy weapons ammo crate, where you would be required to bring fresh box mags to the static weapons, creating internal logistics in a FOB. They could be dangerous to the defenders, if damaged and should be placed in secure locations.

- Rally points are time limited only or disabled completely. I prefer time limit for that tick of usability on public play. Could be forbidden in one life ops. Maybe a server setting for them.

- Repair stations require the vehicles to not be damaged for 20-30 seconds for them to start repairs. Fire would be extinguished by repair stations. Repairs take more points to perform and maybe even player interaction.

- Removing any automatic map markers and allowing people to place numbered circles (for squad leaders) in green and red with dynamic arrows that could be dragged from them to designate their desired direction and distance of movement of friendlies or suspected movement of enemies. Or limiting it to showing Squad leaders only.

- Removing spotting via the T menu and requiring manual placement on the map.

- Adding all enemy markers again in green to designate areas of desired unit, special weapon and vehicle placement.

This is a good one that I haven't seen suggested prior. 

I also think rally points wont be a think at all unless they have larger cooldowns.
[Image: yJvlgxh.gif]
The ability to pickup a downed squad leaders radio if dead body is found so you can radio command for instruction. Maybe heads mean dead and torso kills a revivable once with a low stamina at all times penaltie. The idea of hearing local comms for enemies is my favorite though.

The ability for squad leaders to draw on maps like arma. Did not relize there was 4 pages so sorry if someone else brought this up
I'm pretty new here so forgive me if this stuff has already been discussed or if any of these aren't even possible.

Switching weapons without having to click. (I have a funky control setup, I don't use a full keyboard so reaching my left hand over to it is not ideal for me. I have a lot of misfires, if not for distance fuses I would have the world record of TKs and suicides because I clicked to pull out my shovel (I use one of these https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboar...r-nostromo)

Separate the frag and heat RPGs in the scroll menu. I'm constantly fumbling with the mouse wheel because it seems to just randomly decide which way the selector goes (I know that's not actually the case.)

Binocs for AT classes, maybe replace smoke as a trade off.

An option to take 4 HEAT or 4 frag RPGs instead of 2 and 2. If that's a little too OP them maybe only 3 of each, or if possible a system like original Red Orchestra and Darkest hour, where squad mates can resupply you one time. Maybe even limit that to getting one rocket once only from one squadmate.

If you can speed up the ready time for LAW and RPG that would be nice. I I don't understand why I would constantly be folding and unfolding the irons. With the LAW it makes sense that it takes a few seconds to open it up, but for balance maybe just speed it up if you can change the sights.

The M203 iron sights are wonky to me. 90% of the time I either hit something too close or way too far. I don't have a problem with the Warsaw Pact GLs, just the 203.

A hotkey for all squad members to make a generic enemy mark on the map, just one would be fine.

I'll probably think of more. I am not sure how far you guys are gonna take it and what your capabilities are so please don't roast me if those sound stupid lol.
Change the scroll wheel to adjust mobment speed so you can move at anyspeed you want, not just walk, jog, run.

Micro manage stance much loke arma so its not just prone, crouch, stand.
Quote:Switching weapons without having to click. (I have a funky control setup, I don't use a full keyboard so reaching my left hand over to it is not ideal for me.

That's already in game under game settings called "use inventory switch timer". It will auto select whatever you have chosen after a certain time, without clicking the mouse. Personally I'd like the opposite, where the inventory menu doesn't disappear and requires an input. Left-click for select, right click for cancel.
Just a few things I'd like to see:

No Hud

Compass, radio, and maps are items that need to be equipped to be viewed or used

Topographical map

Ability to draw on personal map, like in Arma, but no one else can see what you've drawn.

Enemy should be able to hear radio comms and local comms if they are in proximity

-Things that are being added like freelook and vaulting

HEAT and Frag RPGs should have separate inventory slots
[+] 2 users Like JuanTapMan's post
Something not related to actual gameplay, but I would like to see locked settings for this as well. Force shadows on and a certain gamma perhaps? As it is, those who turn off shadows and turn down foliage will always have an advantage. Perhaps squad will work this into the actual game before launch.

I realize this would be a problem for lower end computers, but it would cause an even playing field.
[+] 3 users Like CMYKMatter's post