Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

What would you like to see in the Squad Ops Hardcore Mod?
I'd like to see medic and support roles limited to 1 per role, 2 fire support roles if it's a nearly full squad.
If you go down you're down, but players should be able to re-arm at an ammo crate provided it has the ammo pts to support them (maybe 50 pts/soldier rearm, 100 / special kit)
Most other stuff is already a planned feature of the base game.
Medic revives. It seems counter intuitive to have a hard core mode without medics.

Providing a commitment to a push and the hope of "fuck i'm down can the squad get to me" really draws away from the end goal.

The hyper realism is appreciated, But I feel adding medic revives puts more realistic interactions and reactions, than having medic revives removed.

I'm sure this has been said before and isn't anything new. Just my 2 cents.

If hyper realism is the end goal Then I would be against Medics, however I would think that the strategies that SL/Command commit to, would be equally realistic if that is indeed the true goal.

My personal experience with my SL was "The plan is to yolo push" with a squad wipe in the first 5 minutes after 30 minutes of set up time. So maybe Hyper realism doesn't quite match the end goal yet. (IE a space for medic revives could be added in a potentially more realistic way with wounded states)
(12-15-2016, 04:44 AM)KCIV4 Wrote: Medic revives. It seems counter intuitive to have a hard core mode without medics.

Providing a commitment to a push and the hope of "fuck i'm down can the squad get to me" really draws away from the end goal.

The hyper realism is appreciated, But I feel adding medic revives puts more realistic interactions and reactions, than having medic revives removed.

I'm sure this has been said before and isn't anything new. Just my 2 cents.

If hyper realism is the end goal Then I would be against Medics, however I would think that the strategies that SL/Command commit to, would be equally realistic if that is indeed the true goal.

My personal experience with my SL was "The plan is to yolo push" with a squad wipe in the first 5 minutes after 30 minutes of set up time. So maybe Hyper realism doesn't quite match the end goal yet. (IE a space for medic revives could be added in a potentially more realistic way with wounded states)

Yes we do want "hyper realism," to a certain extent, but we still run 1-life events. It would change the way people played if they knew they could be revived. Being able to die instantly at any second is a large part of what makes operations as tense as they are.

The only way I would ever want to see this, personally, is if there was a very detailed localized damage system. For example: get shot in the head, no revive. Shot in the chest with .50, no revive. Shot in the abdomen 2-3 times with 5.56? Maybe there's a chance you'll live.
For me if hyper realism is the true goal, Then I would expect the strategy and tactics to be equally focused around hyper realism. True to the time investment for an event as well as the time devoted to setup and chain of command.

A strategy of "rush across its going to be fun yolo" without any consideration of casualties or strategy past the "rush" is not hyper realism and feels very disingenuous.

Maybe I just have a limited experience with these events, but I would hope that in the future the in-game strategy would match the passion and time investment made towards hyper realism. (from my experience it did not).

To give an example, If were told we have to follow SL (and we can't choose one we know is good), Follow these list of realistic rules, but are then told rush across a bridge without any fire support or suppression WHILE being shot at before crossing... which lead to an almost full squad wipe in an unsuccessful crossing... That is not right.
All comms, including squad and SL nets broadcasting on local. And making local coms audible to the enemy team.
They won't make local audible to enemy team. They know it will make everyone use Teamspeak and completely destroy the chance of anyone using in-game comms. Having it all broadcast local is just needlesly spammy.
I have no idea what can and cannot be done with your modding. All I know is that it would be super dope to be able to have suicide trucks for insurgents. Or possibly a way to have a vest or maybe something held in the hand that is on a timer when pin is pulled. Mainly the truck is what I'd be most interested in seeing as suicide bomber.
(12-17-2016, 06:22 AM)Arduras Wrote: They won't make local audible to enemy team. They know it will make everyone use Teamspeak and completely destroy the chance of anyone using in-game comms. Having it all broadcast local is just needlesly spammy.

This is for an in-house mod though, not public release. Also, having topgraphical maps would be fcking fantastic, because currently is REALLY hard to tell elevation/sightlines.
The best videos of squad teamplay I've seen is Karma's, but even in this videos there no real team play. I mean no real squad fight. Everybody randomly folowing the squad leader without coordination with each oter. If you want to feel the real, then leave maps and radios anly to squad leader and two fireteam leaders (ones whith optics). Mabe to one medic... But not shere. Squad has to stay slose and coordinate with voice.

If you lacky to get the squad leder like Karma - than ok, but most time you not. And then all round going to bull shit. You need to force players to work together.
[+] 1 user Likes Volk's post
I was talking to Kiel about this earlier;
Perhaps toggle-able contour lines on the 2D topos? =)