Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

What would you like to see in the Squad Ops Hardcore Mod?
Now that you know the general direction Squad Ops is going, what would you personally like to see in the Squad Ops Hardcore Mod?
Just joined Squadops so excuse me jumping right in with my two cents.

The main thing that I feel is a bit jarring when play Squad vanilla is that after being shot and bandaged up or taken care of by the medic my physical ability, running speed, aiming etc does not seem impaired.
It might be a drag (no pun intended) in the respawn games but I'd like to see limping and also significan aim impairment (especially when shot in either arm).
I don't know if Squad can register exactly what part of the body a player is hit in apart from head and torso but I think it can add to the drama of a no respawn match if a player is hurt and impaired but not out.
I'd also like players to be physically shunted when hit by a round rather than still being able to aim well in that moment.
Conversely, I don't like that the game decides when I should get double vision when being suppressed. I might panic enough as it iswhen rounds are smacking the ground and walls all around me and don't need an artificial effect imposed on me.
(08-28-2016, 12:01 PM)Poita Wrote: Just joined Squadops so excuse me jumping right in with my two cents.

The main thing that I feel is a bit jarring when play Squad vanilla is that after being shot and bandaged up or taken care of by the medic my physical ability, running speed, aiming etc does not seem impaired.
It might be a drag (no pun intended) in the respawn games but I'd like to see limping and also significan aim impairment (especially when shot in either arm).
I don't know if Squad can register exactly what part of the body a player is hit in apart from head and torso but I think it can add to the drama of a no respawn match if a player is hurt and impaired but not out.
I'd also like players to be physically shunted when hit by a round rather than still being able to aim well in that moment.
Conversely, I don't like that the game decides when I should get double vision when being suppressed. I might panic enough as it iswhen rounds are smacking the ground and walls all around me and don't need an artificial effect imposed on me.

That would be an awesome idea, though I don't know if squad would be able to detect hits on certain body parts (Besides head and torso).
What, exactly, am I supposed to put here?
-No friendly nametags
-Squad leaders only shown on map, no direction cone
[+] 4 users Like Mandrake's post
Remove the compass, implement it somewhere else. Where it's not constantly shown. Maybe as a tool like the bino's. Like to see you call out enemy's then.  Big Grin

And restrict the mini map as well.  Maybe only available to SL's? Adds a lot of reliability to the SL's.
Or only show people their own location, makes it more realistic.
Full Time Service Engineer, Car guy and Gamer. :-)

[+] 1 user Likes Anton0wns's post
Rag doll effect for nearby explosions that aren't strong enough to kill maybe. If I recall in V7 they mentioned something in the release about making it easier for modders to access and use rag doll effects. Should add another dimension to close quarters fragging and RPGs, making them more of a force to be reckoned with.
[+] 1 user Likes RedOctobers's post
Overhaul to the in game voice system specifically for Squad Ops. Don't know how possible this is, but my ideas:

1. All local chat heard by any player on any team, maybe take away name tags for players talking to eliminate any way to easily distinguish who's enemy and who's not.
2. When someone talks on squad net or command net they must pull out another radio or have to use some item that makes it less convenient to talk over radio. Right now there is little reason to just use local unless you want to clear comms of unneeded chatter.
3. When talking over a radio channel, it is transmitted locally as well, meaning enemy and friendly players could hear it (if the first point is implemented as well).
Some good suggestions already, perhaps some kind of animation cancel that brings out your sidearm would be nice. Bleeding on the ground until bandaged leaving a trail when moving. No reviving from headshots. I know in SOPS we don't revive but in some could create scenarios ala ending of full metal jacket sniper scene.
Flares for the night ops.
[+] 2 users Like SiDingo's post
Flashlight attached to guns Smile

Some sort of night vision capability, maybe only for SL's?
[+] 2 users Like Level's post