Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

OPERATION: DELIVERANCE
(08-14-2017, 06:04 PM)XbiT Wrote: Matter just volunteered to be a hostage.

Hell yes I would! I'm a terrible shot and a questionable squad leader so i'd be all for this!
This idea is unique and a breath of fresh air. We should definitely work on implementing it into the rotation. I just wonder what would prevent the hostage from going prone and not moving. Or what if the hostage player DC's? 

Maybe have the hostage stay in a small transport vehicle. This way you don't have to worry about the player going afk and not being able to move them with your element. If the player DC's then the "hostage" becomes the vehicle itself and we'll RP that the hostage is still within the vehicle. The vehicle can then proceed to the extraction point.

What do you think?
Squawk!
I think the idea is to keep the hostage as either a reg or staff member who volunteers for the job. It's unlikely anyone volunteering is going to go afk.
(08-14-2017, 07:13 PM)Sightless Wrote: I think the idea is to keep the hostage as either a reg or staff member who volunteers for the job. It's unlikely anyone volunteering is going to go afk.

Well, yes I assumed that someone responsible would volunteer. I suppose the afk comment was a bit moot. However, there is always risk of DC, no matter how certain someone is that "it wont happen to me." If they do DC, there's no way to drop a rally for them either, you would just have to drive on with the mission. Would you rather RP that the DC'd hostage is still in the vehicle, or just tell everyone they unfortunately died and they lost their main objective? 

Just throwing out a small idea that could be used in the event this Op works itself into the rotation.
Squawk!
(08-14-2017, 06:11 PM)CMYKMatter Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 06:04 PM)XbiT Wrote: Matter just volunteered to be a hostage.

Hell yes I would! I'm a terrible shot and a questionable squad leader so i'd be all for this!

We'll treat you right Matter I promise

(08-14-2017, 08:39 PM)Birdperson1 Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 07:13 PM)Sightless Wrote: I think the idea is to keep the hostage as either a reg or staff member who volunteers for the job. It's unlikely anyone volunteering is going to go afk.

Well, yes I assumed that someone responsible would volunteer. I suppose the afk comment was a bit moot. However, there is always risk of DC, no matter how certain someone is that "it wont happen to me." If they do DC, there's no way to drop a rally for them either, you would just have to drive on with the mission. Would you rather RP that the DC'd hostage is still in the vehicle, or just tell everyone they unfortunately died and they lost their main objective? 

Just throwing out a small idea that could be used in the event this Op works itself into the rotation.

For sure having the hostage dc is a worry! I think that's one of the reasons why we haven't regularly started running hostage events too. Having the hostage in a vic is an idea for sure, I just like having to bring in safe breach and clears and CQC tactics, I feel having vehicles would take away from that. Hopefully the hostages we choose are responsible but you're right and the possibility of AFK is probably incredibly likely.