Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

OPERATION: DELIVERANCE
Hi Op ideaaaaaaaaaa 

I wanted to employ an op idea where both teams are in motion and also try to see if we can run a fun and engaging hostage operation since we tried to in the past but it didn't go too smoothly. I wanted this to be a pretty chaotic operation that forced both teams to have to constantly watch out for contact as they moved across the map, the extraction zone is just a final stand.

General idea: Both teams must defend an enemy hostage while simultaneously trying to retrieve their own friendly hostage at set locations. Once this is achieved, both teams must proceed to the extraction zone with their hostage where they will hold this location until forces are eliminated. 

The hostage on both sides must spawn in unassigned with the recruit kit, hold on all comms and keep their shovels out in their designated hostage zones until friendly forces are within 5m. At this point, they can pull out their primary AND proceed to use local comms. 

The hostage zones were chosen for the small pen like areas that are easy to defend but also easy to assault, I wanted locations that couldn't just be breached by throwing a bunch of smoke or grenades and had enough hard cover but at the same time wasn't impossible or boring to assault. 1X Scout are allowed per platoon because I want IEDs to be placed strategically (they can't be placed on the hostage sites themselves, we want to keep the hostages alive) 

If you don't mind, here's the operation doc to take a look at! 
OPERATION: DELIVERANCE

Please please please give any feedback or suggestions or just tell me how you feel about the op!!
[+] 2 users Like Odessa's post
I really like the idea of both teams needing to both attack and defend at the same time. I think it would be better if the hostage only could use a pistol after he's been rescued. Or the idea is that the forces rescuing him has an extra primary with them?
Something something something...
I like the idea of this Op! However you should add an additional win condition e.g. being that if the (friendly) hostage is killed during breech then the opposing team wins etc. This would do exactly what you want to do in limiting grenades & explosives, plus it would mean that the hostage would have to be strategically placed.

Another Idea would be that both sides would be able to extract information from each hostage at any point during the game however this could only be done once, in order to get an understanding of locations on Map or which side they're planning to assault.
  What's your favorite map? Vote Here! http://forums.squadops.gg/showthread.php?tid=1927

[Image: 03dkx7a.jpg]
(08-14-2017, 10:44 AM)Moxi Wrote: I like the idea of this Op!  However you should add an additional win condition e.g. being that if the (friendly) hostage is killed during breech then the opposing team wins etc. This would do exactly what you want to do in limiting grenades & explosives, plus it would mean that the hostage would have to be strategically placed.

Another Idea would be that both sides would be able to extract information from each hostage at any point during the game however this could only be done once, in order to get an understanding of locations on Map or which side they're planning to assault.

Unfortunately breaching is dangerous enough and hectic enough without an auto-loss stipulation. I think the Ops is fine for the most part.

My advice is to change the 'activation' of the Hostage from 5m to 'directly touched by a friendly'
(08-14-2017, 01:08 PM)Sightless Wrote: MoxiI like the idea of this Op!  However you should add an additional win condition e.g. being that if the (friendly) hostage is killed during breech then the opposing team wins etc. This would do exactly what you want to do in limiting grenades & explosives, plus it would mean that the hostage would have to be strategically placed.

Unfortunately breaching is dangerous enough and hectic enough without an auto-loss stipulation. I think the Ops is fine for the most part.

My advice is to change the 'activation' of the Hostage from 5m to 'directly touched by a friendly'

True but with these one life events isn't the whole purpose to try and bring realistic scenarios into Squad, having something like Combat search and rescue would be a nice addition to the current game-modes.
  What's your favorite map? Vote Here! http://forums.squadops.gg/showthread.php?tid=1927

(08-14-2017, 01:13 PM)Moxi Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 01:08 PM)Sightless Wrote: MoxiI like the idea of this Op!  However you should add an additional win condition e.g. being that if the (friendly) hostage is killed during breech then the opposing team wins etc. This would do exactly what you want to do in limiting grenades & explosives, plus it would mean that the hostage would have to be strategically placed.

True but with these one life events isn't the whole purpose to try and bring realistic scenarios into Squad, having something like Combat search and rescue would be a nice addition to the current game-modes.

While realism is nice and all one life events are also about having fun and there's nothing enjoyabke about having an instant loss condition just because one player caught a stray round during a breach. If the hostage dies the team sill has to defend their own captive and make sure the extract is clear. 

In this way people can keep fighting and being a part of the mission without it being cut short.
(08-14-2017, 01:20 PM)Sightless Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 01:13 PM)Moxi Wrote:

While realism is nice and all one life events are also about having fun and there's nothing enjoyabke about having an instant loss condition just because one player caught a stray round during a breach. If the hostage dies the team sill has to defend their own captive and make sure the extract is clear. 

In this way people can keep fighting and being a part of the mission without it being cut short.

I can see how this would be frustrating if one player were to accidentally kill the hostage, a way around this would be to have the hostage planted in a location (a room) which is known by both sides this way the chances of a stray bullet hitting the hostage would be minimal.

If you read the Op Doc Odessa already has those rooms selected. No matter what instant loss conditions are unfun and reducing the risk of them happening isn't removing the chance of ruining everyone's game. Better not to have it and never deal with the possibilities
Agree with Sightless on this one. Instant loss mechanics are boring and playing out to the last man is fun because we get crazy OD tap with a pistol moments. Those are entertaining and should be a part of Squad Ops.

On the op itself though, this looks fun. I enjoy the idea of hostage situations but the biggest problem with them is getting someone willing to commit their entire op time to being a hostage with the possibility being that they never get to do anything assuming the attacking force doesn't successfully make it to them.

That being said, this is entertaining looking and I'd like to take part in it.
Matter just volunteered to be a hostage.