Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

OPERATION: DEFIANT ROAD
New week new Operation suggestion.

OPERATION: DEFIANT ROAD pits a Russian infantry platoon against local Militia forces inside the city of Narva. Supported by a pair of BTR-80s and mortar fire, the Russian forces must attempt to clear and secure a fortified street in the northern half of the city, destroying both the Militia communications equipment and their primary roadblock.

OPERATION: DESPERADO served as the inspiration for this suggestion. I wanted to see a similar setup on a different Urban map, with less mobility options for the defenders and the ability for the attackers to support themselves with Mortars as well as more powerful vehicular weaponry.

Militia forces need to stay inside (or at least as close to inside as it gets) their area of control. Obviously straying outside of the area to flank forces inside their area of control wouldn't be restricted. In addition, Scouts and the crew of the BRDM-2 that Militia has access to are able to freely roam the city in order to harass the encroaching Russian forces.

As always the Op is WIP and I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Please be sure to vote on one or more of the following options if the changes sound appealing to you.
[+] 1 user Likes Sightless's post
I like it.
sounds like something I would like to take part in. good job
Q. Are the Btr's allowed to rearm/repair?

Q. Is the mortar allowed to be resupplied?

Q. Does the Militia have a build time? 

Q. Is there a supply limit to Militia?

Don't know if these are standard questions.
(08-10-2017, 04:44 PM)londonsmee Wrote: Q. Are the Btr's allowed to rearm/repair?

Q. Is the mortar allowed to be resupplied?

Q. Does the Militia have a build time? 

Q. Is there a supply limit to Militia?

Don't know if these are standard questions.

If you scroll down towards the bottom of the Op you can see specialty rules which list the individual resupply rules for each faction. That being said though...

1. I had no intended to allow the BTR-80s to resupply or repair. The idea here is that the Russian forces are being sent in on short notice to deal with the problem of a rather brazen bunch of Militia fellows who have taken it upon themselves to interrupt the daily commercial life of the city.

Think of Russian main as more of a staging point than an actual base. That being said it could be interesting to see what allowing something as powerful as a BTR-80 to resupply would do. I could limit them to a single repair/resupply each if there is enough interest in seeing that sort of thing.

2. The mortar may be resupplied ONCE after the initial Logistics dump. FOBs carry a max of 1000 Ammo points at any given time so that would allow them to not only shore of defenses but also to resume fire support operations in the event they run dry. I may increase the number of Mortars to 2 instead of 1 just to increase the volume of fire.

3. Militia placement and construction of any assets besides the HAB occurs after Live is called. This allows Russians slightly more time to get there without having to worry about a fully fledged defense being constructed before they get halfway to the point.

4. I had not intended on limiting Militia resupply but I can see the thought behind doing so. Limiting it to a single additional resupply per Logistics truck may help to keep things more manageable.
Thanks for helping out a newbie, just trying to get an understanding of you operational guideline. Not trying to criticises only trying to get it clear in my head. 

1. FOB assets: 2x HMG (total), 1x SPG-9 (total)
Q. With fobs if you haven't mentioned anything anything does that mean everything else is out of bounds? e.g, not mentioned sandbags, or ammo box, wire, or drums. Repair, or bunkers. Or is it only ammo based assets.

Q. Bunkering a BDRM is that a valid tactic as with your picture. 

2X AR, 1X LAT, 1x GL, 1x MEDIC 

Q. Understand the terms but does with mean Acog rifleman, officer, officer Acog aren't allowed. Or do you normally only mention support roles and evertthing else is a given.
I dig this idea Sightless. It's definitely got some interesting potential and the hunter vic militia squad sounds like a really cool idea. I like the split of the buildings in the area too. It could make for a really interesting defensive layout. The idea of not knowing where the enemy is coming from allows for scouting and potential attacks from all directions.

This seems like it would have some decent replayability due to the choices command would have to make on offense and defense. I'd definitely like to give this one a shot.

My only suggestion would be to make it so the militia logi can continue to run. If they can't build until live and the logi has to start at the defense location, I think this could offer an interesting ambush opportunity. That's my only piece of feedback though.
(08-11-2017, 12:36 PM)londonsmee Wrote: Thanks for helping out a newbie, just trying to get an understanding of you operational guideline. Not trying to criticises only trying to get it clear in my head. 

1. FOB assets: 2x HMG (total), 1x SPG-9 (total)
Q. With fobs if you haven't mentioned anything anything does that mean everything else is out of bounds? e.g, not mentioned sandbags, or ammo box, wire, or drums. Repair, or bunkers. Or is it only ammo based assets.

Q. Bunkering a BDRM is that a valid tactic as with your picture. 

2X AR, 1X LAT, 1x GL, 1x MEDIC 

Q. Understand the terms but does with mean Acog rifleman, officer, officer Acog aren't allowed. Or do you normally only mention support roles and evertthing else is a given.

1 and 3. With Operation documents the implication is that Standard Rifleman and Command roles and things like Sandbags and HESCOs are always allowed. The specific kits or equipment listed are what are allowed outside of those standard kits and equipment. 

We don't allow ammo boxes or vehicle repair stations to be built on FOBs but things like dirt filled barrels and barbed wire or ladders are fine. 

We also do not allow optics of any kind on infantry in one life events. No marksman, no optic rifleman, no optic Squad Lead. Red dots are fine as they offer no magnification.

2. 'Bunkering' vehicles like that is more than allowed but you've it to remember you're also going to be removing your mobility that way. It was more of a demonstration of the concept than anything.

(08-11-2017, 01:31 PM)CMYKMatter Wrote: I dig this idea Sightless.  It's definitely got some interesting potential and the hunter vic militia squad sounds like a really cool idea.  I like the split of the buildings in the area too.  It could make for a really interesting defensive layout.  The idea of not knowing where the enemy is coming from allows for scouting and potential attacks from all directions.

This seems like it would have some decent replayability due to the choices command would have to make on offense and defense. I'd definitely like to give this one a shot.

My only suggestion would be to make it so the militia logi can continue to run.  If they can't build until live and the logi has to start at the defense location, I think this could offer an interesting ambush opportunity.  That's my only piece of feedback though.

Militia logistics can continue to run as long as they able to currently with how the Doc is. I added a straw poll to the OP for a potential change of limiting each truck to one more resupply each though so hopefully people let me know what they think of it.
[+] 1 user Likes Sightless's post
Ah I misread then. Sorry about that!