Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion - Event Reminder
Hello All

I am a new member that just signed up and completed SOTT: Basic Training. I signed up for the Saturday training session and noticed that the roster already had 27 registrants and I was on the reserve list at about #50. I came into Discord before the even and because of the amount of no shows, I was able to attend the training event.

While chatting with Ops members we were notified that there will be a possible penalty for no shows who do not unregistered/give appropriate notice to members. I agree with this penalty system. I can only imagine how much of a pain it is to administrate all the registered no shows and manually pull from reserve list.

To reduce the amount of possible no shows, I would like to suggest a notification forum feature, where the user can opt in from their user CP. The notification would send an automated email to the user before all their registered events. The user could either select a pre-defined options (example: 1hr, 12hr, 24hr before event) OR custom option time/intervals of the users registered event. 

Thanks!
(08-06-2017, 12:45 AM)slick Wrote: Hello All

I am a new member that just signed up and completed SOTT: Basic Training. I signed up for the Saturday training session and noticed that the roster already had 27 registrants and I was on the reserve list at about #50. I came into Discord before the even and because of the amount of no shows, I was able to attend the training event.

While chatting with Ops members we were notified that there will be a possible penalty for no shows who do not unregistered/give appropriate notice to members. I agree with this penalty system. I can only imagine how much of a pain it is to administrate all the registered no shows and manually pull from reserve list.

To reduce the amount of possible no shows, I would like to suggest a notification forum feature, where the user can opt in from their user CP. The notification would send an automated email to the user before all their registered events. The user could either select a pre-defined options (example: 1hr, 12hr, 24hr before event) OR custom option time/intervals of the users registered event. 

Thanks!
Hey mate, just my 2c.
I personally don't see that assisting the organisation of players as the roster would still show all the OP registered players regardless if they have a reminder or not.....but it may improve shows ever so marginally. Most peeps know what time the OP is.

However, If this reminder was set to the event and remove a player from the list for failing to commit to the OP by a set time, then maybe it will be of an advantage. However, the integration of this maybe be difficult but not completely impossible. One thing to keep in mind is some may not have access to emails for whatever reasons prior to an event.

Anyways,  just food for thought.
Although it could possible reduce the people that don't show up i don't think it'll be feasible, not the mention it will take some work to get that done.
Right now some clever minds are working on automating the entire rollcall process which will hopefully make things allot easier and faster.
On top of that there is going to be a system in place for dealing with the no-shows to go along with it.
Untill that's in place we'll continue to do it the more tedious way and do rollcall by voice and let the no-shows be for now.
[Image: sDZIafU.gif]
There currently is a way to event reminders if you are able to install Discord onto your phone, you can allow notifications therefore often times before Training or Events Admins or Staff will Announce/Broadcast a message to prompt everyone to move to a specific channel.
  What's your favorite map? Vote Here! http://forums.squadops.gg/showthread.php?tid=1927

[Image: 03dkx7a.jpg]
Could you not just setup a cron job that runs just before the event, forloops the attendances list and fire out an email?

I could write this if you want you will just need to attach it to your cron job service, I can give you instructions depending on your server operating system..
[Image: castle.png]
I mean I'll be the unpopular opinion guy here. Our ops literally are the same time every week. They happen at one time on Wednesdays and two times on Saturdays. They never vary. We also drop announcements about them an hour before in Discord and again when the roll call is starting.

Stepping into reminding people individually to be there to a thing they signed up for and confirmed is a bit more babysitting than I'd like to see.
[+] 2 users Like CMYKMatter's post
(08-14-2017, 05:56 PM)CMYKMatter Wrote: I mean I'll be the unpopular opinion guy here. Our ops literally are the same time every week. They happen at one time on Wednesdays and two times on Saturdays. They never vary. We also drop announcements about them an hour before in Discord and again when the roll call is starting.

Stepping into reminding people individually to be there to a thing they signed up for and confirmed is a bit more babysitting than I'd like to see.

I agree, I personally would only want to play with people who actually care and put the effort in to attend.
[Image: castle.png]
IMO: This is every individual's responsibility. People should just add an event reminder on their phone/pc/mac/whatever when they sign up. It takes next to no time to do that.
Thanks,

RottenJunk