Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

CQB MAP ROTATION
Hi lads!

I wanted to share the idea of making a unique squad server rotation of a CQB maps only.

Recently, When I'm seeding the servers I found out we got Whitelist 1# \ Whitelist 2# \ and Al Basrah, Narva only.
My opinion about that it's critical, The way we are seeding the server and it's relevant.
Whitelist 1# is already a popular server which other people seed automatically, Thanks to the good community players on the server and high teamwork communication that play it.
Now, Why would people seed whitelist 2# if they can find the same thing on whitelist 1# and probably all the good known players are on 1# too. Psychologically people would prefer the first option of something.
Just like first and second\good and better.
We need to change whitelist 2# to a unique server so people will find it attractive and interesting.
Just like what we did on Al Basrah\Narva only.
I have an idea of making whitelist 2# an interesting ,unique ,quality and attracting server by making it a CQB only maps.
Not everyone likes the open fields\huge maps and prefer their quality advanced tactic on CQB maps.
I think its will be much more interesting and motivating to seed a unique and attracting server than just saying "Ok we will seed whitelist 1 let's enjoy it because why would I go and seed whitelist 2# if I can get the same thing on whitelist 1#, With more quality players..." I don't need a reason to seed, I do that for the community.
But I think we need to go into the public players mind and think out of the box. 

Maps and game mods:
Al Basrah\AAS V1\Invasion V1,
Sumari bala\All random,
Chora Invasion\V1 Night\AAS V1\PAAS V1,
Logar Valley\AAS INF V1\AAS V1\INS V1\INS V1 NIGHT,
Narva\PAAS V1\AAS V1,
Kokan\INS V1\AAS V1\AAS V2.

Thank you for listening to my opinion and hope we will make something good from it, It's a shame to find the servers only on "Show empty server" filter. Have a good day.

Zabari.
[+] 2 users Like Zabari's post
I would personally love the idea to change White list 2 to a European Server however have been told this would not be viable at the current time due to Americans making up 60% of the population Sad
Also I personally think due to the steady increase in population recently, Whitelist 2 will soon be populated more frequently due to the limited space available on Whitelist 1, just my thoughts anyway... I also think something needs to be done though especially for us Brits Wink 150 Ping is not the one.
  What's your favorite map? Vote Here! http://forums.squadops.gg/showthread.php?tid=1927

[Image: 03dkx7a.jpg]
(07-31-2017, 11:45 AM)Moxi Wrote: I would personally love the idea to change White list 2 to a European Server however have been told this would not be viable at the current time due to Americans making up 60% of the population Sad
Also I personally think due to the steady increase in population recently, Whitelist 2 will soon be populated more frequently due to the limited space available on Whitelist 1, just my thoughts anyway... I also think something needs to be done though especially for us Brits Wink 150 Ping is not the one.

Good to know buddy hope that will happend.
I'm all for it, i'll bring it up to see if we can keep the current rotation for WL1 and change the WL2 rotation to something more focused on CQB maps as you mentioned.
[Image: sDZIafU.gif]
150 ping is nothing to worry about in this game. I'm EU as well and never really experienced any issues with the ping. I've even played with nearly 250 ping...
Something something something...
At 150 ping you're in the realm of getting rubberbanding while just walking across the map, so goodluck with CQB.
  What's your favorite map? Vote Here! http://forums.squadops.gg/showthread.php?tid=1927

[Image: 03dkx7a.jpg]
Never really had any issues with ping...
Something something something...
I've been watching the behavior of servers for months and months. There are 2 observations I've made that hold true to this day. One is that low population servers don't work. Squad Ops has tried multiple times and I've seen other clans/communities try as well. People want to shoot each other and the more targets the better. Second observation is that specialized rotations are extremely difficult to maintain. With the exception of new maps/updated maps such as Narva/Al Basrah 24/7, focusing on a single type of play (i.e. CQB) doesn't provide longevity for the server. We can get it populated, but it never holds for as long as the Whitelist. That being said, server changes are happening and the admin team will be writing new map rotations to be introduced in the next couple of weeks, or sooner.