Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

New Squad Ops Training Idea!!
Star 
Ok so a lot of people know that being a sniper in Squad is pretty fun. But in Squad-Ops usually no one is allowed to be the sniper (marksmen class). So my idea is that Squad-Ops hosts a training session once every month to train people how to use the snipers class. But the trick is if you fail it once your done ... which means once you fail once you can never sign up for it again. In the US military that's how it works too, you can only go to sniper basic once. But anyway if you do pass it then you get a special tag in Discord and you get to use the Marksmen Class in just about any Squad-Ops operation!

~BlazingFire02

I really hope this gets inserted soon, because I'm great with the sniper!
[+] 2 users Like BlazingFire02's post
Thanks for having an idea and being cool enough to put it to paper so that people can at least see it. Unfortunately, at no time in the near future do we plan to add Magnification Optics to our Operations. There are multiple reasons for this:
- Players having a distinct advantage over other players
- It is less cinematic. It may be fun for the Sniper, but the guy on the other end of the bullet is walking and suddenly is done playing.
- Without medic revives, a class that is designed to remove people accurately from that distance can imbalance an Op.

While I don't think this idea is something we would be able to work with, I would encourage you to keep sharing ideas you have, because we don't always think of everything.
[+] 1 user Likes Capnmatt's post
While what Matt said was true, it would be interesting to have a course that is very infrequent and maybe not that you could *never* sign up for again, but one that only comes around every once in a while and has a very high fail rate.

It's an interesting idea for sure.
I'm a professional Googler.
[+] 2 users Like Mighty's post
(07-24-2017, 09:54 PM)Mighty Wrote: While what Matt said was true, it would be interesting to have a course that is very infrequent and maybe not that you could *never* sign up for again, but one that only comes around every once in a while and has a very high fail rate.

It's an interesting idea for sure.

Yes so we might possibly see it in the future? Like you guys can come up with ideas for new Ops that involve snipers!
Mighty is referring to the idea of having a training that is 'hardcore', not the snipers. The snipers is currently non-negotiable.
(07-25-2017, 12:45 AM)Capnmatt Wrote: Mighty is referring to the idea of having a training that is 'hardcore', not the snipers. The snipers is currently non-negotiable.

oh ok but will this hardcore extra training earn u a special rank in the discord? Like "Black Ops"    <<<< SOUNDS COOL ASF
Black Ops does sound super fn cool XD
[+] 1 user Likes ColdBlade's post
just food for thought you could possible try and think of an OP that would use protect the VIP. you could make a story where one team has a sniper and the other team will have body guards for the VIP out in the field visiting the troops etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Raider4L's post
Again, for the people with the Optics, this might be super fun. For the people getting instantly killed from nowhere, not very fun.
[+] 2 users Like Capnmatt's post
(07-27-2017, 05:32 PM)Capnmatt Wrote: Again, for the people with the Optics, this might be super fun. For the people getting instantly killed from nowhere, not very fun.

Have to agree with this. The most annoying part of any Public match for me is being instantly dropped from across the map by someone hiding on a hilltop and watching as they wipe my entire squad because they've got an optic.
[+] 1 user Likes Sightless's post