Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

SOTT Question
I've read NLCM0nster's question regarding prior service military having to participate in SOTT. My question is similar, but different. I'm active duty Army and have been in for 6 years as an infantryman. I am more than familiar with the basics. Is SOTT still required?
Yes, SOTT is required for everyone. Mostly so we know that everyone is on the same page when they go into an op.
[Image: wlwCVNy.png]
Fun stuff. Is there any SOTT courses this weekend? I'm currently stationed in Hawaii so it's impossible for me to attend the weekday courses due to work and the time difference
(07-13-2017, 07:17 PM)Double Rubber Wrote: I've read NLCM0nster's question regarding prior service military having to participate in SOTT. My question is similar, but different. I'm active duty Army and have been in for 6 years as an infantryman. I am more than familiar with the basics. Is SOTT still required?

Coming from a similar background, I'll let you know what you probably already know; You will not learn any new tactics from SOTT Basic. But... But you will get a little glimpse of how the community operates for organized events, get to know a few of the regulars/staff better and reminisce on all the IMT drills you did irl.
Squawk!
There is a scheduled basic session next saturday. But if you hop on the discord there is a group trying to get an impromptu session going Friday night.
(07-13-2017, 08:22 PM)ACrzyRussian Wrote: There is a scheduled basic session next saturday. But if you hop on the discord there is a group trying to get an impromptu session going Friday night.

Another question that I have is how long does it take to get a response to a SOTT Trainer application? I submitted one, I believe, on Monday.
Welcome Double Rubber--Yeah hop on Discord and I'll put you in touch with the people setting up the potential impromptu tomorrow.

As a SOTT trainee myself, you'd get a response back if there are slots available and more SOTT instructors are needed. That being said, you should probably at least participate in several Ops and stick around for a bit first.
I'm new here but having done similar stuff with a previous clan many years ago on PR, I would say military experience is great but it doesn't show you how to play the game... I don't know what type of tactics OPS utilise, I'll find out during SOTT but I would think it is not 100% like the real military...
Visit my channel for new releases, early access and more..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDsLBM1...MkwRt9u6tA
(french commentary / chaine francophone)
[Image: 949043fleurdelys3.png]

Sorry if this is the wrong place. but where do I ask about getting into the next SOTT training?
Go to squadops.gg/calendar and sign up for the next class available.