Squad Ops
Hello There, Guest! Register

Unofficial Squadops Interwebs Pistol Match - Intro and First Match: April/May 2017
Hi Folks!

Some expressed interest in this so I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes.

I know some people in here are into target shooting IRL. I am putting together a small match series for some friendly competition.

Monthly or bimonthly, I will upload a new target and scoring instructions for that month. These targets will be PDFs sized for 8.5x11 paper. If there's demand for folks from other countries, I will create A4 versions as well, but for the time being just print the targets with the sides cropped off or whatever.

Then, after shooting the target per the instructions each month, you will either take a photo or scan the target so I can see the hits (if any) clearly and you can either post a link or e-mail them to me at (my forum username) at the gmail dotcoms. I will score the targets and then post a winner each month. Depending on participation I may have a small token prize to give away maybe on a monthly or quarterly basis for top scorers.

BASIC RULES:
- .38 and above caliber, please. (Meaning 38SPL, .380, 9mm, .40, .45acp, .50AE all acceptable.. but why would you do this with .50AE?)
If you only own a .22 pistol, let me know and we can make an exception. Owning a qualifying caliber and shooting a .22 for ez mode is hax.

-Revolvers allowed, but 4inch barrels and under ONLY.

-No magnified optics. "Irons" or RDS only.

-Shoot ONE target ONLY please. Practice as much as you want beforehand on OTHER targets, but print ONE match target and shoot ONE match target.

-HONESTY, please. I am not the best handgun shooter, don't be embarrassed if you aren't the best. These matches can be a fun impetus to shoot regularly and improve.

-Feel free to post your own targets, but if you e-mail them to me I will not post them publicly unless you ask. The point isn't to shame anyone or laugh or whatever.

FIRST MATCH: APRIL/MAY 2017

Shoot 10 rounds. Participating gets you 2 free points. Each hit on the paper is 1 point. Each hit on the AK is 2 points. Each hit on the Barrel is 3 points.

Max Points: 32

Tiebreaker will first be hits on AK, second tiebreaker will be hits on barrel.

Target located here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxD2n-...0VpaUJOM0k

I will be accepting submissions until MAY 31, 2017.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
[+] 3 users Like Alternate1985BiffTannen's post
+1 Doesn't have a pistol.
[Image: 1NCQY6Q.png]

Sounds like fun! I'll give it a shot with my little .38 snub.
savage memes can't melt your magical dreams
I would give it a try. sounds fun.

(03-25-2017, 12:19 AM)Alternate1985BiffTannen Wrote: Hi Folks!

Some expressed interest in this so I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes.

I know some people in here are into target shooting IRL. I am putting together a small match series for some friendly competition.

Monthly or bimonthly, I will upload a new target and scoring instructions for that month. These targets will be PDFs sized for 8.5x11 paper. If there's demand for folks from other countries, I will create A4 versions as well, but for the time being just print the targets with the sides cropped off or whatever.

Then, after shooting the target per the instructions each month, you will either take a photo or scan the target so I can see the hits (if any) clearly and you can either post a link or e-mail them to me at (my forum username) at the gmail dotcoms. I will score the targets and then post a winner each month. Depending on participation I may have a small token prize to give away maybe on a monthly or quarterly basis for top scorers.

BASIC RULES:
- .38 and above caliber, please. (Meaning 38SPL, .380, 9mm, .40, .45acp, .50AE all acceptable.. but why would you do this with .50AE?)
If you only own a .22 pistol, let me know and we can make an exception. Owning a qualifying caliber and shooting a .22 for ez mode is hax.

-Revolvers allowed, but 4inch barrels and under ONLY.

-No magnified optics. "Irons" or RDS only.

-Shoot ONE target ONLY please. Practice as much as you want beforehand on OTHER targets, but print ONE match target and shoot ONE match target.

-HONESTY, please. I am not the best handgun shooter, don't be embarrassed if you aren't the best. These matches can be a fun impetus to shoot regularly and improve.

-Feel free to post your own targets, but if you e-mail them to me I will not post them publicly unless you ask. The point isn't to shame anyone or laugh or whatever.

FIRST MATCH: APRIL/MAY 2017

Shoot 10 rounds. Participating gets you 2 free points. Each hit on the paper is 1 point. Each hit on the AK is 2 points. Each hit on the Barrel is 3 points.

Max Points: 32

Tiebreaker will first be hits on AK, second tiebreaker will be hits on barrel.

Target located here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxD2n-...0VpaUJOM0k

I will be accepting submissions until MAY 31, 2017.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
what size should the target be?
So my friend and I took you up on your challenge today.

For reference, this was the pistol we used. It's a Smith&Wesson Model 49 .38 Special revolver. Holds 5 rounds. We both used the double action pull for all the shots.
[Image: y529AaE.jpg]

Here's my attempt:
[Image: rYjZkbZ.jpg]

And here's his attempt:
[Image: jAOg3AG.jpg]

We had two rounds left over, so we threw them both on to the AK's receiver at 5 yards.

We had a ton of fun. Love to do another round soon! Smile
savage memes can't melt your magical dreams
If I can get away from this damn city sometime this month i'll post one for sure! (Kimber Custom II 1911)